Sedgefield Sport and Physical Activity Awards are set to take place on Thursday 18th September at Shildon Civic Hall.
“There is some exceptional work happening in our communities to support local people of all ages and abilities to access sport and physical activity, and these awards seek to recognise the talent and commitment of individuals, coaches, volunteers, clubs and schools for their contribution over the past year,” said a spokesperson.
There are 13 categories and residents are encouraged to nominate successful athletes, as well as the unsung heroes that make a club a success.
• Coach of the Year (over 21)
• Young Coach of the Year (under 21 as of 31/7/13)
• Sports Club of the Year
• Junior Sports Club of the Year
• Sporting Achievement of the Year (over 21)
• Young Sporting Achievement of the Year (under 21 as of 31/7/13)
• Contribution to Sport
• Physical Activity Achievement of the Year
• Contribution to Physical Activity
• Volunteer of the Year (over 21)
• Young Volunteer of the Year (under 21 as of 31/7/13)
• Primary School Contribution to PE and School Sport
• Secondary School Contribution to PE and School Sport.
The closing date for nominations is 31st July 2014.
For more information visit www.countydurhamsport.com/Be_Involved/awards_scheme.